Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, October 02, 2006

Pumpkin Fritters

These fritters were always a favorite of mine growing up. I remember my mum making them especially on Sundays to go with our wonderful Sunday dinner. Seeing that fall is quicklly approaching and its soon time for pumpkin pies and jack-o-lanterns I thought this would be a good first recipe to post. I hope you enjoy them too.

1 ¼ lb pumpkin

½ cup sugar

¾ cup flour

½ tsp. grated nutmeg

¼ tsp. salt

1 egg

½ tsp. baking powder

oil for frying

Wash the pumpkin and peel. Steam the pumpkin until very soft. Mash with a fork or blend in blender until smooth. Add the sugar, flour, grated nutmeg, salt, baking powder, and egg. Mix well. Heat a shallow amount of oil in a pan. Drop by tablespoonful into hot oil and fry over a medium-low fire until golden brown on each side (turn once). Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle/dust with white sugar or icing sugar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, that I'll be making your pumpkin fritters for Jaron's class! I'm teaching a lesson on Thanksgiving,and thought that this would be a tasty, fun side dish for the kids to try! YUM YUM! I LOVE these things!!!